‘Love Cook Serve’ as an idea was conceptualized to explore innovative and popular dishes across and try them in the kitchen. With this innate yearning for exploration and experimentation, I came across this dish called ‘Tillewaale Paneer – Cottage cheese topped with drool – worthy creamy Peri Peri sauce’ at Bar Stock Exchange, Mumbai
It was not only innovative but had a unique taste that would surely tingle your taste buds. However, since then I had been meaning to cook a similar dish with my adaptations obviously and it turned out pretty well.
I had served this dish in shot glasses with a tooth pick as an appetizer for a farewell party. Everyone loved it and this little experiment turned out to be successful (Yayyy). So to start with, the dish has three components which is Peri Peri Sauce (homemade), Cottage Cheese and the creaminess. The Peri peri sauce should be such that it kicks your taste buds with its spiciness and makes you tingle with its tanginess. The mixture of cheese spread, processed cheese and cream will impart the sauce with the desired creamy texture.
Difficulty Level: Medium
Serving: 4 people
For the Peri-Peri Sauce
- Peri – Peri seasoning powder
- 4 – 5 Red Chillies
- Red Bell Pepper
- 6 – 7 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 Lemon Juice
- Green Chilly
- 2 – 3 Bay Leaves
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 – 2 sharp green chillies
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 Onion
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1/3rd Cup Fresh Cream
- 1/2 Cup Processed Cheese + Cheese Spread
- 150 gms fresh Cottage Cheese (Paneer)
- Blend in all the ingredients for the sauce until you get a smooth consistency
- Heat oil in pan and pour in the blended sauce. Adjust the seasoning of the sauce using salt, sugar and pepper powder. Let it simmer for 7 – 8 minutes.
- Once you find the sauce with the desired taste add in the cream, grated processed cheese and cheese spread.
- Mix well and let the cheese integrate completely with the sauce.
- Chop cottage cheese into squares and dip them into the sauce. Mix well and the dish is ready to be served.
- You can either serve the dish in the form of an appetizer or with rice in the form of a gravy.
Please Note that you can adjust the amount of cheese and the spiciness of the sauce as per your taste and preference. You can also replace the paneer cubes with chicken.
Do try the dish and let me know how well it turned out to be! Would love to hear from you.