These days every dessert shop is raving about how their waffles are the best ones. A complex looking dish which is available with a number of toppings is one of the most delicious desserts ever! Mostly waffles are made with eggs which gives it a very nice fluffy texture. But as a vegetarian, I tried the recipe without the eggs and believe me, it turned out amazing.
I have adapted the recipe from Cook, Click and Devour and can’ t thank her enough! Although, my waffles turned out to be great only in the second attempt, it will surprise you that how a recipe with a minimum and easy ingredients give such amazing results.
So. like everyone, if you are a lover of waffles, you should definitely try out this recipe. I have used mango and chocolate as a topping. You can also use any other topping as per your preference like honey, maple syrup with fresh fruits like strawberries or banana.
Serves: 4 pieces
- 1 cup refined flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 cup milk
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vinegar
- vanilla essence
- Sieve refined flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk milk, melted butter, vinegar together. Add sugar and vanilla essence to it. Mix well for the sugar to melt properly.
- Finally, add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients gradually and keep on stirring continuously for a smooth batter
- Pre – heat the waffle maker and once it’s heated well, pour the batter over the waffle plates. Let it cook until crisp and brown.
- Serve hot with nutella or honey. Top it up with your favorite fruits.
Do try out the recipe and drop in your feedback!