I am fascinated with baking and love trying various combinations. A lot of them are disasters but the probability of a recipe turning out great is also good. This time, I will be writing about one such successful recipe which is inspired from Domino’s zingy parcel. It is a baked dish with crisp exterior stuffed with a cheesy mixture.
I feel, as an amateur baker, this is a good recipe to start with, as it’s easy and the chances of going wrong are bleak. I have adapted this recipe from yummytummyaarthi.com . I have tweaked the recipe in terms of stuffing and some ingredients. Although, the recipe stated usage of whole wheat flour, I chose to consider refined flour since I was trying it for the first time and wanted the recipe to go perfect.
Servings: 6 corn parcels
Difficulty Level: Medium
- Refined Flour – 1 cup
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Yeast – 1 tsp
For the stuffing
- Processed cheese – 1 cube
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup boiled corn
- 1 – 2 tbsp cheese spread
- Mixed herbs
- Red Chilly flakes
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper
- Mix yeast with sugar in lukewarm water. Keep it aside for 5 minutes until the yeast turns frothy.
- Meanwhile sieve refined flour and add salt to it. Make a well in the center and mix in the yeast. Take some oil and knead the mixture into a smooth dough.
- Give it a rest for 1 to 2 hours until the dough has almost doubled in size.
- For the stuffing, mix bell peppers, boiled sweet corn, cheese, salt, black pepper and mixed herbs .
- Once the dough has proofed, roll out the dough into small circles. Stuff them with the prepared corn mixture. Fold it from the sides and brush the dough with oil.
- Let it rest for half an hour for it to rise again.
- Pre – heat the oven at 200 degree celsius. Bake the parcels for 15 minutes until crisp and brown.
- Sprinkle some oregano or chilly flakes while serving.
Please note: You can change the proportion of the cheese as per your preference.