Dabeli is a very popular street food in Mumbai and Gujarat. Having its origin in Kutch, it boasts of having a myriad of flavours. It can be one of the go to dish for a kids party or a kitty event.
It requires minimum of ingredients and can be served with minimum preparations.
Difficulty Level: Easy
Makes 4 Dabeli
- 3 medium sized potatoes (boiled & smashed)
- 1 onion
- Dabeli Masala (easily available in the market)
- 3 tbsp Masala peanuts**
- 3 tbsp Pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp Garlic chutney
- 1 tbsp Tamarind dates chutney
- Water as required
- Nylon sev to garnish
- 3 Laadi Pav
- Take oil in a pan and add Dabeli masala to it. Saute the masala for 2-3 mins and add in the garlic chutney & the tamarind dates chutney.
- Sprinkle 3-4 tsp of water to it and mix in the smashed potatoes. Mix well and let it cook for 5-6 mins.
- The stuffing for dabeli is ready.
- Stuff the laadi pav with the Dabeli mixture and add some onion, pomegranate and masala peanuts.
- Coat the Dabeli with nylon sev from sides.
**For Masala Peanuts – Dry roast peanuts and let it cool down. Rub the peanuts with kitchen towel and remove the outer cover. Take some oil in a pan, add in red chilly powder, salt, chat masala, rock salt, dry mango powder. Add in the peanuts and let the masala coat well. Finally add the powdered sugar and mix well.