Maggizza? Seriously ? What does that even mean! OK..so basically it’s a pizza that is topped with Maggi. Being an ardent Instagrammer, I came across a post where I saw a picture of this unique, crazy sounding dish and that is when I thought I should try this at home. So basically my inspiration is an Instagram Post but the Recipe is totally my experiment and I must say, it was an awesome one. Your kids are going to love you for this and if you are a girl trying to impress your friends, then you are going to love me for this dish.
The pizza sauce is prepared in a different way but a lot quicker than the usual recipe.
Difficulty Level: Easy
Serves : 4
For Pizza Sauce :
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- Fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 small sized finely chopped Onion
- Salt to taste
- Oregano as required
- Red Chilly Powder
- 2 tsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- Crushed black pepper
- 1 Pack of Maggi
- Mozarella cheese
- Processed Cheese
- Oregano or Mixed herbs
- 4 Pizza Base
- Take butter and oil in a pan and let it melt. Add in chopped onions and garlic, sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and let it soften
- Let the mixture cool down and blend it.
- Take butter in a pan, add the prepared paste, season it with salt, red chilli powder, oregano, basil and black pepper.
- Add in the cornflour mixed with water and mix well.
- Let the sauce simmer until thick. The water content of the sauce should have been evaporated.
- The sauce is ready to be used. You can also refrigerate it in the freezer for 2-3 weeks.
Assembling of Pizza;
- Take a pizza base and brush it with butter. Spread the pizza sauce onto the base. Top it with a base of cooked Maggi. Form a layer of cheese on top of Maggi and garnish it with sweet corn and capsicum. Bake the pizza in a preheated over at 200 degree Celsius for 4 minutes. Dazzle some oregano or mixed herbs and savour the taste of Maggizza.
- You can add freshly chopped garlic to the pizza sauce instead of taking garlic butter.
- You can customize the vegetable topping as per your taste